- Crushing, grinding and sifting to get different sizes.
- Barite ore is reduced to barium sulfide in a furnace at a temperature (750-900 ° C) using coke.
- Then the barium sulfide is treated with water to obtain barium hydroxide.
- Ground barite (barium sulfate) 0-75 microns.
- Barium hydroxide Ba(OH) 2.
Barite is used in various industries due to its high degree of whiteness and
- Barite is used in drilling and prospecting, as well as in the manufacture of paints, plastics, cement, glass and the production of barium hydroxide. In addition, it is used in the medical field as barium sulfate has a higher ability to absorb X-rays than other compounds.
- Barium hydroxide is used in the purification of sugar and in the manufacture of paper, textiles, and paints.