- Crushing, milling and screening to obtain different sizes.
- Barite ore is reduced to Barium Sulphide in a kiln at a temperature of (750-900° C) by using Coke Coal.
- Barium Sulphide is then treated with water to obtain Barium Hydroxide
- Milled Barite (Barium sulfate) 0 - 75 microns.
- Barium Hydroxide Ba(OH)2
Barite is used in various industries due to its high degree of whiteness and
- Barite is used in drilling and excavation, as well as in the manufacturing of paints, plastics, cement, glass and the production of Barium Hydroxide. Additionally, it is used in the Medical Field as Barium Sulfate has a higher ability to absorb X-rays than other compounds.
- Barium Hydroxide is used in the purification of sugar and in the manufacturing of paper, textiles and paints.